Moving forward, it will be important for brands to consider how these trends will affect their products and how they speak to consumers.
- The Face of Recovery – The affluent are likely to embrace thriftiness for the long term.
- Indulgence Offsetting – Consumers are buying less in order to save more. However, consumers still want a taste of the good life. This has resulted in a rise in comfort foods and quality treat products.
- Re-contouring Commerce – Consumers want retailers to speak directly to them. Brands can capitalize on this by engaging consumers in a dialogue and actually listening to feedback.
- Multicultural Rising – The U.S is experiencing a significant growth in the number of people who are of multiracial descent. With this growing segment fully embracing their combined cultures, look for new opportunities for expanding flavor and product offerings.
- So Healthy Together – General health is a growing concern on not only a personal level, but also within communities and corporate settings. With an emphasis on a better lifestyle, consumers are looking for better and easier ways to make healthy choices.