As a brand, now is the time to ask the right questions within the framework of snacking cultural trends, the snacking landscape and the Millennial Mindset to ensure resonance with the largest consumer group of snackers ever. This is particularly essential as the snacking category is quickly growing into saturation with no sign of slowing down.
As a brand leader, ask yourself:
- Have you clearly defined your point of view on Self. Society. Planet?
- How are you communicating and tracking your claims and proof?
- What are you doing today to capitalize on Millennial snacking characteristics?
- How are you acting like a startup?
- What values drive your performance?
- What is your bigger purpose that aligns with your consumers’ beliefs and values?
- Have you mapped the category landscape?
- Do you understand where your brand plays, what your competition owns and where your opportunities are for growth?
- Which Millennial Mindset matters most to your brand?
- What are you doing to activate the right Millennial Mindset for your brand?
This is part #8 of our Snack Hack Series. As we introduced in week 1, 94% of Americans snack at least once per day, which has to the greatest growth driver of the entire CPG industry today. Our team read through trend reports from Mintel, Boston Consulting Group, and Hartman Group to pull forward these snack trends and specifically looked at the cultural trends defining the Millennial snack, the snacking category landscape as well as the Millennial Mindset.